OHSAS 18001 + ISO 14001 + ISO 9001: Implementation & Certification
In March 2008, Group PEYBER1 decided to certificate the company with the requirements of international standards OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 for the following scope: Construction of industrial, commercial and residential buildings, Civil works for urbanization and roads. Execution of civil engineering works for ground excavations, drilling and compacting, paving, road signs and beacons, hydraulic supply, sanitation and water treatment stations, lighting, lighting and light beacons and buildings works.
- OBJECTIVES AND AIMS
The main objective of this project was re-educating the company in other avant-garde and working style: Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and orientation client inside an international management system specifications.
The main aims of this project were enhancing company image and competitiveness in national and international markets.
- TOP TEN MAIN RESULTS
- Time Certificate of Registration: 6 months.
- Solid and whole compromise of Senior Leadership Team.
- Establishment Philosophy and Policy of Company – vison and mission – to the client focus.
- Guidance’s and documents support fit-for construction activities: Manuals, procedures, technical procedures, formats and registers.
- Interplay: All administration and production departments were integrated thought Enterprise Resources Planning SIGRID2.
- Strategic PDCA Cycle:
- PLAN: Define and analyse problems. Identify the root cause.
- DO: Action with solutions. Planning and implement it systematically.
- CHECK: Confirm outcomes against plan. Control and solve nonconformities and preventive actions. Auditing and checking.
- ACT: Reviewing by senior leadership team. Training, new plans and standardisation.
- Lower number of accidents, incidents, environmental issues and quality issues.
- Improvement of internal and external communication.
- Managing suppliers and its control.
- Total access to better national and international tenders.
SIGRID2: This ERP was implemented by me in parallel actions as a project leader.
- Everything you hear about problems with standardisation is a “lie”. Standardisation is a great solution for companies and transformation is possible.
- The companies constantly having to adapt.
- Considering a professional project like self-transformation project is empowering, energizing, even exciting.
- The change is hard and people naturally resist change especially when it is imposed on them.
- If you do not want enter in crises mode, in this kind of projects, you always have to putting people (employees) first:
- Connecting with a deeper sense of purpose;
- Going all (people) in to win.
- Enabling people with the capabilities that people need to succeed during the project and beyond.
- Instilling a culture of continuous learning and improving to bring out the best in people.
- To be an inclusive leader making leadership.
- GRAPHIC OUTCOMES